Desi Cow Ghee
Apart from Gir Cow, our Gaushala hosts desi cows native to North Gujarat. These are bred from home stock and fed with grass grown on our farm.
Our farm uses no insecticides, fertilisers or any chemicals. We use organic earthworm manure prepared by Swaminarayan Gurukul Vidya Peeth Gaushala.
——— Vaidika Gurukulam Gaushala Ghee Has Following Features ———
- Cows are never artificially inseminated
- Cows mix with Bulls of not same family line. Gotra separation is maintained.
- Natural semination cycles are longer when cow feels ready from previous calf birth
- Calf Gets Half. Two teats are reserved for the calf and milk only taken from other two.
- Cows are fed grass free from insecticides, pesticides or chemical fertilizers
- Quite often they are fed special treats like herbs, boiled wheat, gur & edible oils
- They move freely , unlike tabelas
- Cows are never sold. Old cows are taken care of.
- Bull calfs are not sold. They are taken care and transferred to known Gaushalas for studding
- Milk itself is used for students and surplus is made into ghee
- Ghee is not made by separating cream but but Vaidika Bilhona process of curd to butter to melting butter process
- No aggregation. Unlike tabelas and cattle farms that often aggregate milk from farmers no mixed milk here.
- Our milk will never ever have buffalo or goat milk mixed because these animals are not allowed in Veda Paathshala
- Making of Ghee is manual and butter is melted over gomaya for 6 hours at very slow burn
- Nothing artificial - taste or smell enhancers or colours is never added.
- A little vanaspati like turmeric, a branch of Shatavari plant, paan leaf is added while melting butter.
- Gau Mutra or Cow Urine is NOT added or is not a part of the ghee making process. It's a false notion.