The world we see around reflects interplay of many ideas, ancient and recent , constantly shaping it towards what is seen as the good and the great. Men shape the world of these ideas and every civilisation produces men that represent what it stands for.
While we still have a definition of ‘classical man’ , ‘greek man’, ‘abrahamic man’, ‘modern man’ a ‘post modernist’ and even ‘what it means to be an american’ — the Vaidika Civilisation, which was a prominent , if not the foremost, and which produced great men and ideas is now loosing its presence and contribution. Bharat merely produces clones of other civilisations.
This is so because the Vaidika ideals, concepts and practices have fast lost the structures of learning and carrying forward the corpus of knowledge that our forefathers produced.
Vaidika Bharata is committed to reviving and rejuvenating these learning structures and knowledge across northern Bharat. Because in this revival of the old, is the move towards a new that is ours. A Bharateeya Civilisation.
This we propose to do with 3 pillars
- Gurukulams — A network of Vaidika Gurukulams that study, research and reconnect the threads of knowledge across various branches of Vaidika Philosophies and Sciences to produce brilliant young minds immersed in the Vaidika way and yet fully integrated into modern society as a successful householders (as per their choice).
- Takshashila Project — To collect the dispersed knowledge base across palm leafs, manuscripts, old books, commentaries and all forms and materials that carry traditional ideas and concepts and digitise them into a well catalogued , cross indexed, searchable knowledge base that can be used by any body from lay people to research scholars. This would address sever paucity of quality research scholars across smaller & local universities as it is our thesis that it’s the absence of tools and access and not actual material , that is a hindrance to studies.
- Sangha — To build a community structures for people with means & interest — financial and time & effort , so that defined milestones and goals can be reached with a wide base of support coming from the very people for whom these ideals and knowledge systems are to be revived for. Towards this a crowd funding platform and digital community are first steps but eventually a full org with on ground presence that would connect the brahamana and other communities towards Vaidika revival.
We have begun the first steps with a successful preservation of Shankhayan rescension of Rig Veda and subsequent setting up of small Veda Paathshala in Baghpat as a model to study and teach 6 darshanas.
The Start of Angirasa Antarvediya Gurukulam
These Vaidika Paathshaalas with very rigorous research focus with parallel modern studies and affiliation with ICSE/CBSE board to bring out students completely immersed in dharmika background and yet become highly accomplished modern scholars in graduate/ post-graduate/doctoral areas of contemporary studies and assimilate in modern economy.
Takshashila project has since identified large scale digitisation of hard to find or endangered manuscripts and building an online repository as first step. We have succeeded in building a skeletal organisation and our first project at scale is Melukotte manuscript library being digitised completely. We have also successfully scanned lakhs of manuscripts and books related to Vaidika and Tantrika fields from Kashmira to Karnataka as a part of Takshashila project, which are now being built as a largest searchable archive of Hindu texts.
Our next three milestones under Takshashila project are:
- Build an editorial team and completely catalogue all known manuscripts across india into a single searchable digital manuscript catalogue
- Build a mobile scouting team to locate & digitise most important works
- Identify relevant areas of research in indology related to indic arts, sciences, philosophy, linguistics , mysticism and 6 angas of Veda, sponsor PhDs, publications that throw light on ancient and classical bharatiya thought on Mathematics, Logic, Prosody, Music, Dance, Astronomy, Astrology, Religion, Philosophy, Language, Literature, Politics, Public Administration.and claim rightful place in the heritage of human thought.
In this sense Takshashila aims to be an elite academic institution with a starting point of students being deeply vaidika core.
The Proposed Anartiya Bharadwaja Gurukulam